Thursday, July 9, 2009

BLOGGERS?


Everybody has a blog now. Maybe its time for me to start mine. I mean, who in the hell is gonna read or pay attention to what I have to say? This is hopefully another way for me to bring my love of underground hip hop music to a new audience. Maybe introduce some new music and artists to a new group of people. I know I did not expect it that night on the way home in the car when I first heard Jawz of Life "Fallin'" on Georgia State radio WRAS 88.5. I mean its a college radio station that plays hip hop on Sundays from 10p-2a. Who is up at that time? Better question, who is listening at that time? I just remember hearing the typical cast of characters that night. Jay-Z,Nas,Wu, etc. I was enjoying the drive home from work. The music was good to hear because of all the crap that is played on Atlanta radio stations. Then out of nowhere a song came on that would change my musical world. Jawz of Life "Fallin'" had my total attention. I waited until the DJ came back on and dropped the number to the station. I had to call to find out who this artist was. Dude never answered the phone. When I got home I searched the internet for Jaws of Life. itunes, limewire, google, yahoo. Then I got a bright idea, JAWZ of Life. I found dudes Myspace page and listened to that song at least 10 more times that night. I had to create a Myspace page and find other artists. I was so sick of the same ol rappres with the same ol flow, same ass beats, same stupid videos. They are selling me on a life I know I will never live, expensive cars, jewels,clothing, houses...excuse me.....mansions. I don't live that life, I can't feel that, that ain't real. I felt like the biggest dumbass reciting THEIR lyrics over and over. Jawz said, "I can't do that,nah I been through that,won't do that...". Me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment